Fields of work
Services offered by the IEA DPC
The IEA DPC ...
- gives advice on the planning of surveys for national and international studies.
- develops procedures and timetables for the conduct of studies (from sampling to data preparation).
- assumes responsibilities for sampling work (advice, planning of the design and scope, drawing samples, weighting, variance estimation).
- cooperates with the ministries of culture and handles the review of procedures and documentation for compliance with data protection law.
- assists in the design of survey documents, produces printing and data entry templates, and organizes the digital printing and distribution of the survey instruments.
- communicates with participating individuals and institutions and produces guidelines and other materials for on-site preparation and conduct of surveys.
- hires, trains and coordinates survey and test administrators to conduct studies in schools and other institutions.
- organizes logistical processes for the conduct of studies.
- records data (scanned and manual) and processes them (evaluation, digital archiving).
- performs various procedures for coding of open response forms and provides corresponding infrastructure,
trains and coordinates coding personnel and conducts quality control.
- advices on the production of coding schemes.
- implements the coding for participating countries and conducts occupational coding in compliance with ISCO08.
- sets up databases and conducts analyses based on predefined evaluation plans.
- supplies proprietary software.
- hosts seminars on working with databases and on analysis methods.
- coordinates international studies (from framework development to reporting).
- offers scientific supervision of research projects.
You can find more information on our individual services on the pages describing our various fields of work.
Of course the Executive Management of our institute would be happy to answer your questions in person.